Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I tried out for NASCAR and went to Youth Alive! WOO

So, this was my first time going to Youth Alive in Burbank, CA and what an adventure it was! I had a wonderful time and was really glad I able to go. I met new people and made new friends!  The services were great and so was the fellowship!

Here are some pictures. I didn't take too many mainly because my phone kept dying :(

New Friends ;)
The famous window picture!

LOL. Love Anali's face & who is that guy?
Finally met Jedidah! YAY! We are cute :)



My road trip buddies

Roommates

Love this girlie!

Six Flags!

My sweet friends. Love them so much!

I am so thankful for these 3 ladies (picture above). What a great time we had together and I am so blessed to have great friends. I love all three of you so much and am so happy we were roommates for a few days. It was a lot of fun! 

Christy: I LOVE YOU! Thank you for being such an amazing hostess and great friend. I miss you already!

Anali:   Ms. Social Butterfly! Thanks for introducing me to all your friends! Love you!

Melissa: I am sooooo happy we got to spend time to get to know each other. I just love you! I'm coming to visit soon!!


Anyway, you may be wondering what's up with my blog title...wellllll.....sadly, as I was cruising along the highway to get to Burbank I got a ticket. SOOOO SAD! This literally bummed me out, but I deserved it! I was speeding and trying to beat the GPS arrival time. Shame on me! It's like a road trip tradition for me and I am suffering the aftermath. However, apparently I wasn't satisfied with just one speeding ticket because on the way back home I had another cop happily hand me another yellow love note! YAY me!  Needless to say, I was not a happy camper Sunday morning! I cried like a baby when I got my second ticket, BUT God's still good. It could have been worse, like a horrible accident. My friends and I are alright and my car is intact. The only thing damaged is my bank account. Sigh, I will be paying these tickets off till Jesus comes back!  What an expensive lesson to learn!! Cruise control is now my BFF!!

So, now I am counting my pennies, smashing all my water bottles, soliciting friends for their empty water bottles and saying good bye to my thrift store shopping adventures...all to pay off my tickets! I may give up a meal or two as well. LOL...if you feel sorry for me...send me some cookies...better yet, send me your empty water bottles or cans! ;)  

This is all funny now. Actually, it is all really funny the more I talk about it. Just my fate! LOL. Now, whenever I see a cop car I start to hyperventilate and shake! HAHA just kidding...kinda!  My co-worker told that years ago she was riding in a car with a friend and her friend who was driving saw a cop. She freaked out and was so nervous that she stepped on the gas and floored it! Apparently she got confused and ended up with a ticket! The cop even asked her what happened?! LOL.

Anyone else have any funny (or not so funny)  cop/ticket encounters?




12 comments:

  1. HI! Nice blog. Didn't know your into photography! Nice meeting you too. Wish I could say the same about Anali. haha take care.


    -Eli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elias! You are so RUDE, go buy yourself a frosty from Wendy's and CHILL okay? lol

      Delete
    2. Elias, it was nice to meet you too! Let us know when you are in Hayward/Bay Area and we will give you a tour! Wendy's? Lol

      Anali, that was too funny! HIGH FIVE!!

      Delete
    3. I refuse to give him a tour!... Lol

      Delete
  2. How awful getting TWO tickets! I definitely would have been crying, those things are expensive!

    It was great meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I was so sad, but now I will just laugh and collect all the bottles I can! LOL

      It was so nice meeting you too! I have seen you around at Family Camp for years and I am glad I met you finally!

      Delete
    2. I was wondering if you have been at PCC! I know so many people from your church, you have a great group and I love using them for praise singing. Don't be shy from now on!

      Delete
  3. Carisa!!!
    I am cracking up at your title! LOL I'm so glad you're in the stage of laughing at things now.

    I'm so glad that you actually let me introduce you to my friends, I'm sorry Elias was one of them (Punk!). lol

    Love you! I'm guessing we are flying in next year? ahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Flying or someone else drives! They probably will have a warrant out for me over there! HAHAHA

      Delete
  4. LOL! My word, well, this trip certainly is going on your "Unforgettable" list, haha!
    So glad ya'll had fun, I hope I can join the "gang" next year :D

    ReplyDelete