Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hello Blog World!

I finally gave in! I have decided to see if I have the makings of a blogger. I follow several different entertaining blogs and have had an itch to try it out myself. I kind of made it my summer goal. I did some blogging in the past, LC4C, a blog in honor of my dad (Check it out), but wanted something more personal and day to day type of blog! Let's see how this goes!

So, let me introduce myself! Hi, I'm Carisa. 26 years of life and just one of those girls who rambles on about whatever comes to mind and trying to find her path in this world. Here is a glimpse of my life in a nutshell:

Here I am during a photo shoot at the gym! HA! I try to stay active. How do people do crunches on those balls? I am in awe!


One of my # 1 hobbies is bike riding. I absolutely love to ride my bike especially during Spring and Summer. Isn't this bike a beauty? My heart wants it...needs it!


Jesus is my all and all! This was taken on a Sunday afternoon. Starbucks and the Word of God, it can't get any lovelier than that! 

I am not super crafty, but I have a great appreciation for all things crafty. I follow several craft blogs and the talent these women have is amazing!


"Another man's trash is another man's treasure" (did I quote that right?) I am without a doubt addicted to thrift stores. You never know what awesome treasure you will come across.


I wouldn't call myself a true bookworm, but I do love a good book! James Patterson is one of my favorite authors. This is a local bookstore.


I love all things vintage. I just think this picture is so cute. I love the handkerchiefs and the suitcase.  


Well, these pictures do not sum up my whole life, but it will work for my introduction post. I will most likely be blogging about all these things as they are close to my heart.

Before I end this, I wanted to share what means the most to me aside from God. My family (not everyone is pictured, but I don't want this to become a novel):

This is my dad. My Hero. The first man I will ever love, who is watching over me from a better place.
I love you, daddy!

Mother dearest. We fight, we bicker, she nags and I tune her out. Typical Mom/daughter relationship.
She loves me with all her heart and I am grateful for her.


My Lola. Cutest Grandma ever. Miss her so much.


The lovebirds. 52 years of love and friendship.


Hope you enjoyed my first blog post!

20 comments:

  1. First comment!! YES!!!!!

    I'm excited about the thrift portion and craft portion of your blog :)

    woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carisa, very cute blog! I didn't know we had so many of the same interests! Jesus, books, coffee, bike riding, vintage...wow! Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Thank you! That is so cool!! We will have to share ideas and have some coffee sometime! ;)

      Delete
  3. Carisa! I am so glad you joined us bloggers! Lovely first post, a lot more interesting than my first post haha. And I looove that bike, although the bike I have now has a special place in my ♥ haha.

    Can't wait for the next posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) I finally gave in! LOL I couldn't resist. I just love following all you girl's blogs! So I wanted to join in too. I love that bike, I gotta get one!

      Delete
    2. Hanna, that's because that bike is JUST YOUR SIZE. MUAHAHAHA.

      I should hush since I can't even ride one -__- lol

      Delete
    3. ;) Anali, we will get you on a bike!!!

      Delete
  4. Heeey Carisa! I found your blog from the kindreds! LOL! Its waaaaay cute! i love Starbucks and thrift stores too! Sooooo are you Filipino?! Two of my sister-in-laws are! :) I been to the Philippines twice and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thanks for commenting! Anali talks about you all the time! It is so nice to meet you here in the blog world! ;)

      Yes, I am indeed Filipino! It is funny that you could tell, because most people think I am everything else LOL! That is so cool, I haven't been since I was a lil' girl, but I can speak Tagalog. Hope that is impressive haha.

      Thanks for stopping by...I am going to head over to yours!

      Delete
    2. Weeeeellll i guess I just good like that...LOL! Actually, I was thinkin maybe you were and then I read my LOLA and I know thats tagaolog for grandma so I figured you must be! Did you go to Manila or a different island? I went to Manila the first time and then my other brother married a girl from Bohol!!! Its like BEAUTIFUL there!!! Awwww soooo ANALI talks about me HUH!?! LOL Did she tell you that she is coming to AZ in a lil bit?! We're sooooo EXCITED!!!

      Delete
    3. Honestly, I do not remember all the places I went. I was too young. I need to go back!!! SOON! And that is so cool that you have been able to visit those places! Got any favorite Filipino dishes?
      Yes, she told me that she was going to visit you! That is so cool! I know you gals will have a blast!

      Delete
  5. Welcome!! your blog is cute! now i have another blog that i can read haha...since im not a faithful blogger (once in a while i feel inspired when im not busy lol) but i do like to read others hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) Thank you! I thought I would try it out and see if I can keep up with all the cool bloggers! LOL

      You should blog some wedding stuff!! LOL that is a big inspiration ;)

      Delete
  6. Ya it's fun to read other peoples blogs!
    Haha ya I guess I could...Maybe I'll try that. Anali told me I should blog about my first "wedding nightmare" haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Yeah, do that or give us a sneak peek of what is to come on Aug. 11! ;) Woo

      Delete
  7. First of all, Anali needs bike lessons.

    Second, Cassy, do share your nightmare. (Girls, it's HILARIOUS!)

    Lastly, I have a "blog" but it's blog-less. Maybe I too will join the blogwagon.

    p.s. Carisa, since you did so well on your intro, maybe I will have you write mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monet, I can see your blog with the word "Fashion" all over it! A music blog would be so so interesting too!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete