Friday, June 29, 2012

My Hero

This blog post is a few weeks late. I have been meaning to post this for a while now but somehow just haven't gotten to it. 

Father's day has come and gone and for the past 2 years it has been one of the toughest days of the year for me. The reason being that my amazing dad, my hero, Cesar Virtucio went on to a much better place on in 2010. Needless to say, Father's day is always bittersweet for me.

The last 2 Father's day I have honored my dad by letting go balloons at a beach or a park. I wrote all over the balloon and watched them disappear. However, this year has been different and probably the best.
I chose to celebrate by myself unlike in the past where I have asked someone to join me in remembering my dad. I wanted this year to be just "me and daddy" and I am so thankful I made that choice.  I also decided to fly a kite instead of letting balloons go.  I went to the Alameda beach and let this kite (below) flap in the air as I sat on the warm sand remembering the amazing man I was so blessed to have as my daddy. I now have a new tradition.

Dad, I miss you more than words can ever express. Thank you for being the best Father and example of what a true man should be.
I thought this was the perfect kite for my hero!


I love his smile.

Forever his little girl.

I love you, dad.

4 comments:

  1. The fact that you went by yourself shows how much stronger you have gotten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) it has been an adventure getting here! Thanks love!

      Delete
  2. Carisa, this is touching. I am sorry you lost your daddy. I can tell you loved each other very much! Thank God for hope.

    ReplyDelete